Monday, February 20, 2012

Be still....

One can get lost in this deep city life. Many reasons to get lost but much to hold on to. Do not get distracted. Take time out for yourself. To dwell in the silence of your bedroom and process all the information you have received.

You are constantly surrounded by noise. You wake up by an alarm, listen to the news while getting ready, chatter on the train, non-stop talking at work, city noise on your commute home, and then you are home. Take some time out to recharge in stillness. Light some candles, sit comfortably, take deep breaths, and just relax.

It is vital to spend some alone time every day.

I must admit it gets a little tough when the whole floor I live on is partying during the weekend. But I came here to work, to learn, to gain as much knowledge and experience in three months as I can. Not to party and live for nights I cannot remember. This experience is way too precious for me to void it out.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying to be a loner. (Nothing wrong with that, though. I am a proud homebody.) All I am suggesting is to take care of yourself first. It does not matter what others are saying or doing. This is your life, your experience, the beginning of your everything.

Journal everything down. It is the only way you will remember 50 years from now what you did on a daily basis. This blog is helpful. Only so much can be said on here though. Maintaing a private journal is a more personal way of keeping those thoughts and precious memories for ever.

Write in pen, so it will never get erased.

On your nights off or weekends enjoy the city safely. Lots of museums, art galleries, coffee shops, spoken word cafes to visit. Most of them free, too! Go site seeing, take pictures, purchase inexpensive souvenirs.

Experience of a lifetime. This is only the beginning.

With God's love and peace,
your friend cn

No comments:

Post a Comment